Grilled Zucchini Pizza Slices (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

Grilled Zucchini Pizza Slices are a healthier pizza option, which just might satisfy that pizza craving!

Grilled Zucchini Pizza Slices from KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  Phase One Recipes are also Low-Carb and Gluten-Free.  This recipe from 2010 has not only been hugely popular on the blog, but it's perfect to make this time of year when those giant zucchinis seem to spring up overnight in the garden.  If you don't have a huge zucchini to slice for the pizza base, you can use smaller zucchini sliced lengthwise.  This is a great way to fight that pizza craving, and using low-fat turkey pepperoni makes it a pretty diet-friendly recipe for a dish that's loaded with pepperoni and cheese.)

This idea of grilled zucchini used as a base for pizza toppings is one of those cooking ideas that swirl around in my head, and sometimes I'm never sure if I thought of it or saw it somewhere else. I kept wondering how it would work to arrange a marriage between Grilled Zucchini and Val's Kid-Friendly Broiled Zucchini Rounds with Cheese, with the offspring having a little pizza personality, and when I saw Alea's Eggplant Pizza Bites on $5 Dinners, it convinced me to try it.

Click to continue reading