Chile Rellenos Bake Recipe (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)

Chili Rellenos Bake is a healthier and easier-to-make version of Chili Rellenos.  And just as delicious!

Chile Rellenos Bake (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian) found on KalynsKitchen.com

This recipe for Chili Rellenos Bake is a healthier and easier-to-make version of Chile Rellenos, a well-known Mexican dish of stuffed, battered and deep-fried green chiles filled with cheese. The recipe came from my former neighbor Brooke, who shared it with me after I tasted her version at a neighborhood block party.  I changed the recipe slightly to make it a bit more South Beach Diet friendly, but essentially this idea of layered green chiles and cheese held together with a little egg came from Brooke's recipe.  (Thanks Brooke!)

This vegetarian cheesy treat is my post this week for Meatless Monday, and if you're looking for something easy but knock-your-socks-off delicious for holiday visitors, this is sure to be a hit.  I've enjoyed this many times for a breakfast dish, but you can also cut it into small squares and serve with toothpicks for a holiday appetizer.

Click to continue reading