Easy Broccoli and Radish Salad Recipe with Gorgonzola (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

This Broccoli and Radish Salad Recipe with Gorgonzola is a healthy red-and-green salad for your holiday buffet!

Easy Broccoli and Radish Salad Recipe with Gorgonzola (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free) found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Easy Broccoli and Radish Salad with Gorgonzola was updated with better photos, December 2014.)

Everywhere you look on Pinterest and on the blogs there are Christmas cookies, and even though I do have a few ideas for low-sugar and sugar-free cookies, truthfully I'm tired of the sweets and ready for something green and crunchy!  This Easy Broccoli and Radish Salad with Gorgonzola is the kind of simple salad I'd make for myself for a quick lunch, but don't you think the bright red and green colors (and the use of creamy Gorgonzola cheese) make this something you can get away with for a Christmas salad?  Personally I would head right for this on the buffet table.

Before we get to the recipe, let's talk about healthier salad dressing.  Blue cheese dressing is definitely a limited food if you're following the South Beach Diet or trying to focus on healthy eating.  But I love blue cheese dressing, and for years I've been buying Lighthouse Chunky Blue Cheese and mixing it half-and-half with buttermilk for an easy and more diet-friendly blue cheese dressing that still tastes wonderful. That's the dressing I used for this easy salad, but if you have a favorite dressing recipe, I'm sure homemade dressing will be even better.  (And if you're making homemade blue cheese dressing eight days before Christmas, more power to you!)

Click to continue reading