Southwestern Stuffed Peppers Recipe with Black Beans and Green Chiles (Gluten-Free)

Colorful Southwestern Stuffed Peppers with Black Beans and Green Chiles make a delicious meal.

Southwestern Stuffed Peppers Recipe with Black Beans and Green Chiles found on KalynsKitchen.com

I promised one more idea for a red-and-green dish to celebrate the holidays, but Southwestern Stuffed Peppers with Black Beans and Green Chiles will make a delicious dinner any time of year.  This recipe uses my favorite techniques for stuffed peppers.  First, I start with raw peppers so they aren't too soft by the time the filling cooks.  Second, I trim the bottom ends of the peppers flat so they stand up in the dish.  Third, I chop the trimmed parts to add more pepper flavor to the filling, which in this recipe includes black beans, diced green chiles, cooked rice, tomatoes, and grated cheese.

Click to continue reading