SCD: Day 4

We've been on a pre-introductory specific carbohydrate diet for the last four days and things are getting better now that we have the yogurt maker in hand. Today, I don't think we ate anything "illegal".

A side effect of the diet has been a 40% reduction in insulin for me, and I'm still having low blood sugar all day long. Tonight I was watching Sage alone and my blood sugar dropped to 36... not good. Need to keep better track of that...

I took our son to Children's for an appointment today to break the news that I wasn't going to put him on any more medications and was going to attempt the SCD. I could not believe the enthusiastic response I received and genuine support. It was a big relief to have the GI doc supporting our decision and actually putting us into contact with other people who've chosen the same route. Phew...