Pageant Mom I'm Not


So this past Saturday I entered my little girl into her first pageant. Our local town has a strawberry festival and you could enter kids and they would be judged on their use of the strawberry theme. I have no intention of being one of those mom's from Toddlers and Tiaras but she did have a super cute strawberry dress (a hand me down) and I figured what the hell. So I get her in her strawberry outfit, I even glued on a printed strawberry to her bow. Her father made fun of me telling me I was "that mother" well five minutes after we showed up at the pageant he turned to me and said "
Ok so I take that back, you are soooooo not that mom, these wackos are" In the 0-12months category there were at least four or five little babies in full blown hand made strawberry costumes and the baby that won had a handmade white gown with strawberries and red lace sewn on it and her hair was done with a matching bow. I couldn't stop laughing at my own stupidity that I figured I was the one going overboard with the full strawberry outfit. Needless to say my little girl was a bit under dressed for this competition. And you know what that is ok, because I will never be that mother. The one in the competition after us 1-2 years whose daughter had a skirt that was made to look like a stuffed basket and her top made her look like the strawberry in the basket. I am totally ok with out being that mother although she was totally robbed of the title because she was clearly the cutest baby there!!!!