Recipe for Whole Wheat Orzo Salad with Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Feta, and Herb Vinaigrette

Whole Wheat Orzo Salad with Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Feta, and Herb Vinaigrette
In the early days of summer, garden vegetables are still just a promise of things to come, so I always get a little infatuated with my herbs, which are raring to go. I'm always looking for ways to use the uncommon herbs I don't have as many recipes for, and a few years ago I was excited when my sister Sandee introduced me to Marinated Tomato Salad with Parsley and Marjoram Dressing. Of course, there are no tomatoes from the garden yet, but when I spotted this orzo salad with Marjoram Vinaigrette in the June 2003 issue of Bon Appetit, I hoped it might be another winner using marjoram, and it was! I do think you could make this with basil or fresh oregano if you don't have marjoram, but if you have marjoram in your garden that needs to get out more often, give it a try!

Click to continue reading