Recipe for Spicy Shredded Carrot Salad with Mint, Cilantro, Green Onion, Lime, and Jalapeno

Spicy Shredded Carrot Salad with Mint, Cilantro, Green Onion, Lime, and Jalapeno found on KalynsKitchen.com
An amazing salad with carrots, mint, cilantro, green onion, lime, and jalapeno!

My definition of salad has changed a lot in the time I've been focused on low-glycemic cooking and sharing the recipes on this blog. Although I still love classics like Perfect Taco Salad or Greek Salad, nowdays I've greatly expanded my mental list of salad possibilities. A few years ago I tried Carrot and Parsley Salad, and then Carrot, Parsley, and Garbanzo Salad, and that opened my mind to the idea of carrots as a main ingredient in salad. When I spotted this shredded carrot salad from Joanne Weir in Fine Cooking Magazine, it sounded like another interesting salad combination with carrots. I ramped it up a bit, adding mint, and green onions, using more herbs, and using green Tabasco sauce in the dressing to get the jalapeno flavor throughout the salad. I love this new take on carrot salad; and when my brother Rand was visiting Utah recently, he also pronounced it a keeper.

Click to continue reading