Homemade Oreos


DSC_1287
I’m such a slacker on here. I made a bunch of new recipes a few weeks ago then realized that my camera was in the shop and had no way to take pictures of them! So dumb. I’ve been in a cooking slump. It seems like it’s been going on for some time now…what the heck?!
 
I’ve made these so many times. Too many times:) My cousin, Jami, made them for me while I was there about a year ago and they’ve been one of my favorites since then. I get RAVE reviews EVERY SINGLE TIME I make them. The only thing is that they need to be made fresh. They’re not the “make the night before” cookies. They don’t take any time at all, so that makes up for it. ENJOY!
 
1 box Devils Food cake mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup oil
1/2 recipe Perfect Buttercream (found here)
About 20 Chocolate Cream Oreos, crushed in a food processor

In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs and and oil until moist. Mixture will be thick. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of batter onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. (You can make them bigger, but I like to keep them bite-sized and plus it makes more. If you make them bigger, you’ll only get about 12-15 cookie sandwiches. If you make them smaller, you get about 20-25.) Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes depending on the size. They’re ready to come out when the tops start to crack.
 
Let them sit for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to a cooling rack.
Prepare the buttercream, recipe found here. After it’s good and fluffy, fold in the crushed Oreos. Then frost one cookie and put another on top. Now don’t be stingy with the filling:) You want them good and plump. Then watch them disappear before your eyes.