Recipe for Grilled Ginger-Soy Pork Chops

Grilled Ginger-Soy Pork Chops
Back when I organized catered houseboat trips, a Lake Powell guest proclaimed these Grilled Ginger-Soy Pork Chops to be "The World's Best Pork Chops."

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, September 2013.)  This favorite recipe for Grilled Ginger-Soy Pork Chops is something I've been making for more than 20 years, and when I used to cater houseboat trips at Lake Powell people loved this recipe.  In the Lake Powell days I used to make this with vermouth as the tenderizing ingredient in the marinade, but every time I gave someone the recipe they didn't have vermouth, so I've used rice vinegar in this recipe for the last few years.  These are the pork chops I made when my sister Pam and some of her family came to dinner (and my brother in law made history by asking for seconds on vegetables) and my niece's husband Nick told me I could definitely say that the pork chops and vegetables were greatly enjoyed by everyone!  These pork chops are so good I'd cook them all winter long on a stove-top grill pan with ridges, so try that if you don't have an outdoor grill.

Click to continue reading