Recipe for Grilled Zucchini Mini Tostadas with Refried Beans

Grilled Zucchini Mini Tostadas with Refried Beans
Grilled Zucchini Mini Tostadas with Refried Beans are a good way to use giant zucchinis.

I realize August is the month with a special day to celebrate zucchini, but everyone who's grown zucchini in a garden knows that in September and October, when you're not focused on the garden so much, you can find giant zucchinis springing up overnight.  I have a few friends and relatives who've been giving me giant zucchinis lately, so I'm having fun dreaming up new ways to use them.  I used a big zucchini about 3 inches across to make these Grilled Zucchini Mini Tostadas with Refried Beans.  This was easy to make and if you have kids it would be a fun meal to get the kids to help assemble.  If you want to make this and you don't have giant zucchini, I would just slice smaller zucchini the other way and make oblong-shaped tostadas; enjoy!

Click to continue reading