Recipe for Spicy Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini Salad with Thai Flavors

All I am saying is give grilled eggplant a chance!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and I'm hoping this amazing salad might convince some eggplant-reluctant people to try grilled eggplant!)

Recently I made this very tasty Spicy Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini Salad with my nephew Jake.  We both loved the Thai flavors in the dressing, and absolutely devoured the salad, with both of us loving the grilled eggplant with slightly charred skin.  Then over the next couple of days I told various people about this new favorite salad, and one after the other they told me "I don't like eggplant."  I explained to each person how I never liked eggplant either, until I tried grilled eggplant.  So if you like Thai flavors, I'm urging you to be adventurous and give grilled eggplant a chance.  Of course you could make the salad with all zucchini if you insist, but Jake and I both thought the grilled eggplant was so spectacular in this that next time I'd probably skip the zucchini and use all eggplant.

Click to continue reading