Leafy Greens Salad with Roasted Chickpeas, Feta, and Mediterranean Sumac Dressing

Leafy Green Salad with Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzos), Feta, and Mediterranean Sumac Dressing
This Leafy Greens Salad with Roasted Chickpeas and Feta is perfect for Mediterranean Dressing with Sumac, but if you don't want to make the dressing any lemony vinaigrette will work.

(It's the first Monday of a brand new year, so for Meatless Monday and our month of Daily Phase One Recipes, I'm featuring this Leafy Greens Salad with Roasted Chickpeas, Feta, and Mediterranean Sumac Dressing that I first posted in May last year.  This delicious idea will turn any combination of lettuce + leafy greens into a flavor buzz that will really make your mouth happy!  (To see all the recipes from the month of Daily Phase One Recipes, just click that link.  Check after the recipe for Phase One Flashbacks from this day in 2012 and 2013.)

Now that you've seen my new favorite salad dressing, I thought I'd show you a salad that's just perfect for the Shake-in-a-Jar Mediterranean Dressing with Red Wine Vinegar, Lemon Juice, and Sumac.  This is the type of salad I might make if I was having friends for dinner and wanted a side salad that was a bit of a wow, or I'd eat a double portion of it for a big lunch salad.  There are endless salad combinations that would taste good with the Mediterranean Sumac Dressing, but the leafy greens, roasted chickpeas (also called garbanzos), and Feta in this salad really complement the dressing.

Click to continue reading