Amazing Asparagus Pizza - Figure It Out

This is a picture of last nights dinner (and this mornings breakfast!). It was every bit as good as it looks. I didn't film it, but I have re-posted my pizza dough and white sauce video recipes so you can make this beautiful spring pizza. Keep in mind that these clips are from a while ago, before I got any real equipment, so save the "these videos look like crap" comments...I know they do. By the way, this is called a "white" pizza for obvious reasons, and a very nice break from the typical tomato-based pies.

A few words of instruction:


The pizza dough recipe will make enough for 1 large pan like you see here. In the video, I divide it into 6 small balls for individual pizzas, but you can use it all for this, or adjust to your pan size.

You only need 1 cup of white sauce, but make a whole batch, it's a good thing to have around for broccoli gratins, souffles, or just some mac and cheese.

Here is what I used for this pizza:
1 batch of dough
some cornmeal for the pan
1 pound of asparagus, cut and boiled for 1 minute
1 cup of bechamel (white sauce) to which I added 1/3 cup grated parmesan
4 oz shredded white cheddar
1/3 cup parmesan for the top

I put the cornmeal and dough down. Then the sauce, the asparagus, and topped it with the cheeses. Baked it for 17 minutes at 450 degrees F.