Kalyn's Kitchen Picks: Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Pitas and Tortillas

Joseph's Whole Wheat and Flax Pita and Tortillas(Edit December 2011:  I was excited when I could order the Joseph's products online.)  In August of 2005 I visited Rhode Island, and while I was there I discovered a low-carb pita bread that was so full of healthy ingredients and delicious that I wrote on my relatively-new food blog about Joseph's Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread. I brought some of the pita bread and tortillas home with me from that trip, but I never could find them anywhere in Utah. I might have forgotten about it completely, except that fans of the pita bread kept leaving comments on that post asking where they could get the Joseph's Bakery products. I checked regularly, but for years there was nowhere to order them online. But obviously that's not the end of the story, or I wouldn't be writing about it again now.

Click to continue reading