Recipe for Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Thyme

Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Thyme
(Updated and added to Recipe Favorites and Thanksgiving Recipes, November 2009) For a while now I've wanted to update this favorite recipe with a better photo, and when I got some lovely thin carrots at the market this week, it occurred to me that this would be perfect as a classic vegetable side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. If you're watching your carbs or sugar instake, you may think of carrots as being high in sugar, but adding the mushrooms to this combination significantly reduces the glycemic index, and carrots are approved for phase two or three of the South Beach Diet. I'm glad, because I'd probably be suspicious of a diet that didn't consider carrots to be a healthy food. Roasted carrots are really tasty alone, but the mushrooms make this more elegant than just regular roasted carrots.

Click to continue reading