Recipe for Soy-Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Sesame Seeds

Soy-Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Sesame Seeds
I'm adding this you-must-try-it recipe for Soy-Glazed Sweet Potatoes to the list we're compiling of Thanksgiving Recipes, and if your family serves those brown sugar laden sweet potatoes that show up at Thanksgiving, this version would be a nice change of pace. The recipe is from Deborah Madison's Local Flavors, a classic book I just discovered. When I was making this the first time I said on Twitter that I wasn't sure it would turn out, and Deborah Madison fans told me never to doubt her. After I tasted it, I could see they were right. It's early in the Thanksgiving recipe testing season, but I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be my favorite Thanksgiving recipe of 2009!

Click to continue reading