Chinese Cucumber Salad Recipe

Chinese Cucumber Salad
An unusual and delicious salad to make with garden cucumbers.

(Updated with better photos and instructions, July 2012.)  When I run across people who are somewhat indifferent to cucumbers, I always wonder if they've ever had fresh-from-the-garden cukes, which I think are one of the most delicious things about summer.  When cucumbers first start to appear, I just wash them, slice in half, and eat with a little salt.  Later in the summer when they start to be abundant I might make a cucumber salad like this one.  The recipe came from a cookbook I've for years, called Too Many Tomatoes, Squash, Beans, and Other Good Things.  It's a book with some unusual and interesting ideas for using up garden veggies, and this cucumber salad was definitely a winner.
Click to continue reading