Julienned Zucchini Mock Spaghetti with Quick Sausage, Tomato, and Basil Sauce

Julienned Zucchini Mock Spaghetti with Quick Sausage, Tomato, and Basil Sauce found on KalynsKitchen.com
Don't think of Zucchini "Spaghetti" as a replacement for pasta, think of it as a delicious zucchini dish!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  I made this julienned zucchini "spaghetti" over and over after I tried it last summer.)

Have you ever used a Julienne Cutter or a Mandoline Slicerto cut zucchini into thin "spaghetti-like" strands and then served it like pasta?  I have both those handy cooking tools and I certainly have an abundance of zucchini every summer, but I just tried doing that for the first time this week.  I ate my zucchini "spaghetti" with a very tasty quick sauce made from spicy hot Italian sausage, tomatoes, and lots of chopped basil, parsley, and oregano, and completely enjoyed it for a quick dinner.  

Click to continue reading