Recipe for Kalyn's Tabbouleh with Almonds

Kalyn's Tabbouleh with Almonds
My favorite version of Tabbouleh Salad, with parsley, mint, and lots of slivered almonds.

(Updated with new photos and step-by-step instructions, July 2012.)  Tabbouleh (also spelled Tabbouli and Tabouli) is something I've loved from the first time I tasted it and I've been making this for years, especially in the summer when I have plenty of fresh parsley and mint from my garden. Some people may turn their nose up at the fact that I use a pre-seasoned tabbouleh mix for the bulgur mixture, but years ago I had a woman from Lebanon come to a party at my house, and she went crazy over my version of Tabbouleh. With fresh lots of fresh parsley and mint, and a generous amount of slivered almonds, I think the taste of this Tabbouleh can't be beat. 

Click to continue reading