Slow Cooker Recipe for Spicy Vegetarian Pinto Bean and Chard Burritos

Slow Cooker Spicy Vegetarian Pinto Bean and Chard Burritos
Pinto beans and swiss chard cook in the slow cooker to make a delicious filling for vegetarian burritos.

I think it was a recipe I came across for swiss chard sauteed with cumin (plus an abundance of swiss chard in the garden) that inspired me to create this slow cooker recipe for a spicy vegetarian mixture of pinto beans, swiss chard, spices, and salsa that's stuffed into burritos.  This is definitely one of those recipes that produces a very unphotogenic mixture when it comes out of the slow cooker, but if you like swiss chard and pinto beans, please don't let that keep you from making this.  I loved the combination of flavors with the pintos and swiss chard, and other than chopping the swiss chard a little smaller next time, this was a lucky recipe experiment where I wouldn't change a thing!

Click to continue reading