Baked White Fish with Onions, Peppers, Olives, and Feta (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

I've been making Baked White Fish with Onions, Peppers, Olives, and Feta for years and love this flavor combination.

Baked White Fish with Onions, Peppers, Olives, and Feta found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.)  This recipe for Baked White Fish with Onions, Peppers, Olives, and Feta is one I came up with in the very earliest days of my blog, and it's a favorite quick dinner that I've been making it for years. You can make this with any type of mild white fish, but I probably use Tilapia the most, and using a topping with finely chopped red onion, red bell pepper, green olives, and Feta adds a lot of flavor to the mild-flavored Tilapia.  If you're not  a Tilapia fan, use any any mild white fish such as halibut, orange roughy, cod, or sole.  There's a small amount of mayo spread over the fish to keep the topping on, and that also keeps the fish moist when it's baked at a high temperature.  It's important to start with room-temperature fish pieces, so the fish cooks quickly without the topping ingredients getting too done.  If green olives are a non-starter at your house, try it with capers instead, but please try this way of cooking fish if you like these flavors and I bet it will become a repeater at your house too!

Click to continue reading