Easy Recipe for Red, White, and Blueberry Salad (Gluten-Free)

Red White and Blueberry Salad is deliciously easy and perfect for summer parties!

Red, White, and Blue Salad with Blueberries, Strawberries, and Bananas found on KalynsKitchen.com

I definitely had good intentions of posting this Red White and Blueberry Salad (with strawberries, banana, and blueberries) before Memorial Day, since it's such a perfectly colored salad for a patriotic holiday.  But instead I spent the weekend going with my friend Susan and her kids to a soccer game, hosting a family party, and having overnight guests who went with me to visit graves on Monday.  Luckily the Fourth of July is just around the corner, another perfect occasion for red, white, and blue food!

Some people may be surprised to see a fruit salad on my blog, and it's true fruit has much more sugar than vegetables.  But lately I've been hearing a lot about the health benefits of berries, and luckily they're some of my favorite fruits.  I did use a lot of blueberries and strawberries and very little banana in the salad (since bananas are much higher in sugar.)  I also use low-carb vanilla yogurt for the dressing, or if you don't want artificial sweetener, you can make your own dressing with plain fat-free Greek yogurt with a touch of vanilla and agave nectar.  (I tried both, and I think I prefer the homemade dressing.)  This is probably Phase 3 for South Beach Dieters, but it's a wonderful treat for a holiday meal.

Click to continue reading