South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes Round-Up for April 2014 (Low-Glycemic Recipes)

Kalyn's Favorite Phase One Low-Glycemic Recipes for April 2014 were Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash, Roasted Cauliflower Salad, Spinach and Kale Salad with Greek Flavors, Roasted Turnips with Balsamic Vinegar, and Slow Cooker Frittata with Broccoli, Ham, and Swiss.

It's May?  Seriously, I can hardly believe it but that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see the warmer weather arrive.  The only thing dampening the mood at Chez Kalyn is that I'm having serious garden veggie withdrawals at the idea of going another summer without a real vegetable garden.  last year I tried growing tomatoes and herbs on the deck, an experiment that had pretty mixed results.  In the end I realized my deck just doesn't get enough sun to really grow things well, and since my new house has the triple whammy of wind, a short growing season, and lots of critters to eat the crops, I'm planning to build a greenhouse for next summer.  There's even a perfect spot for it right outside the side door of my garage.  Meanwhile, it's farmer's market veggies and begging from friends for me for another year.  

Of course the arrival of a new month means it's time for another monthly round-up of South Beach Diet Phase One Low Glycemic Recipes I've posted on Kalyn's Kitchen or spotted on other blogs during the month.   There are some great finds from April, and I'm experimenting with a few more pictures, so let me know if you like that idea. 

Click to continue reading