Recipe for Penne Pasta with Spicy Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Spinach

I love this Penne Pasta with Spicy Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Spinach. (You can make this or any pasta dish lower in carbs by using less pasta and more vegetables and meat.)

Penne Pasta with Spicy Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Spinach found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Updated with better photos and thoughts about Dreamfields Pasta, May 2014.)   I first made this Penne Pasta with Spicy Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, and Spinach back in 2010, and when I found out it was World Pasta Day I posted the recipe right away, even though I didn't like the original photos much at all.  Now my photo skills have definitely improved and it wasn't a hardship at all to make this again to get better photos.  Scroll down to the bottom of the step-by-step pictures to see the original photo that still makes me wince a bit when I think about it being on the blog all those years. 

Click to continue reading