Stir-Fried Broccolini with Oyster Sauce (Low-Carb)

Stir-Fried Broccolini with Oyster Sauce is a delicious way to cook this fun vegetable.

Stir-Fried Broccolini with Oyster Sauce Recipe found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  This recipe for Stir-Fried Broccolini with Oyster Sauce was updated with new photos and step-by-step instructions, May 2014.)

The Japanese vegetable called Broccolini is something I discovered by accident in 2006 when I become obsessed with broccoli rabe and tried for weeks to get my local store to order it. One of the produce managers sold me broccolini instead, and when I tried it in this Stir-Fried Broccolini with Oyster Sauce I discovered I love broccolini, and have been cooking it ever since. Broccolini is a natural hybrid between broccoli and Gai Lan or Chinese Kale and since I first found it this Asian vegetable has become more common in U.S. stores.  You may also find it called Baby Broccoli, and regular broccoli can also be used in this recipe as well.  (I also think you could substitute something like Hoisin Sauce for the Oyster Sauce and use vegetable stock, which would make this a vegan dish.)

Click to continue reading