Kalyn's Kitchen Picks: Tru Roots Organic Quinoa from Costco (and 25 Healthy Recipes Using Quinoa)

Tru Roots Organic Quinoa from Costco
This 4-pound bag of quinoa is a real bargain at my Costco, and I've become a quinoa fan!

How do you feel about Quinoa?  First of all, it's pronounced keen-wah, just in case you're not that familiar with this little seed that's cooked like rice and eaten as a grain.  Quinoa has become increasingly popular over the last few years, partly because it's high in protein and gluten-free and partly because it's tasty and can be used in a variety of ways.

I confess, I was a little slow to embrace Quinoa, and it was only when my Costco started carrying this huge bag of True Roots Organic Quinoa and I suddenly had 4 pounds of quinoa in the freezer that I started experimenting with it regularly.  Since then I've come to love quinoa as a side dish or the base for a salad, and I've gone through several of these big bags since I first bought one.  When I bought another one recently (for $9.99; what a bargain!) I decided it was time to add this product to my list of Kalyn's Kitchen Picks, where I spotlight things I love and happily buy over and over.  If I've convinced you to try quinoa, or just to eat it more often, keep reading to see some of my personal favorite recipes using it, plus more quinoa recipes from my food blogging friends.

Click to continue reading