Garbanzo and Tuna Salad Recipe with Parsley and Red Pepper (Gluten-Free)

For all the parsley fans, this Garbanzo and Tuna Salad Recipe with Parsley and Red Pepper is a perfect No-Heat Lunch!

Garbanzo and Tuna Salad with Parsley and Red Pepper found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, September 2014.)  All summer I've been making old favorites from the blog and re-shooting the photos to show off the recipes a little better, and now fall is coming and I want to share those updated favorites like this Garbanzo and Tuna Salad with Parsley and Red Pepper while fresh garden herbs and veggies are still available.  So this week I'm going to have to give the Meatless Monday people a raincheck, but you can always click that link and scroll through all the past Meatless Monday posts if you're looking for meatless dinner ideas.

This salad was inspired by the wonderful tuna packed in olive oil that I love so much that now when I can't find it in stores near me I order Genova Tonno Tuna in Olive Oil by the case from Amazon.com.   (You can use any good quality tuna that's available where you live, preferably tuna packed in olive oil.)   The salad is also a riff on my favorite  White Bean Salad with Tuna and Parsley.  I love the combination of beans, tuna, and parsley, and parsley has been declared one of the World's Healthiest foods because it contains lots of anti-oxidants.  For sure if I was still going off to teach school every day, this is a salad I'd love for a delicious No-Heat Lunch.  Red peppers are especially good in the fall, so if you like these flavors, please give this salad a try!

Click to continue reading