September Means Stuffed Zucchini, and Other Things I'm Thinking About (9-16-2014)

Low-Carb Meat, Tomato and Mozzarella Stuffed Zucchini Cups are perfect for September!

In mid-September gardens are still flourishing in most parts of North America, but you may be thinking it's time use those garden veggies in fall-focused dishes.  This is the time of year when stuffed zucchini seems like a perfect choice, don't you agree?  There are as many recipes for stuffed zucchini as there are gardeners who grow zucchini, but the Low-Carb Meat, Tomato, and Mozzarella Stuffed Zucchini Cups shown above have been one of my favorites since September 2009 when I first posted the recipe.

Other stuffed Zucchini variations I've enjoyed include Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Ground Beef, Red Pepper, and Basil and Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Black Beans, Chiles, Cheddar, and Cotija Cheese.  And in two of the recent Deliciously Healthy Low Carb Recipe Round-Ups, I featured Eggplant Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats from The Iron You and Jalapeno and Chicken Stuffed Zucchini from Peanut Butter and Peppers, both of which sounds like a must try! 

I'm still buying zucchini at the Farmers Market every week, so zucchini is still on the menu at my house.  If you have a favorite recipe for Stuffed Zucchini, let us know about it in the comments!

Now here are a few more things I've been thinking about . . .

Click to continue reading