Rustic Pasta Sauce Recipe with Italian Sausage, Zucchini, and Sage

Rustic Pasta Sauce with Italian Sausage, Zucchini, and Sage is quick and delicious.

Rustic Pasta Sauce Recipe with Italian Sausage, Zucchini, and Sage found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Updated with better photos and step-by-step instructions, September 2014.)  For a few weeks now I've been ignoring my gardenless situation and buying zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers at the farmers market.  Since I grew my own veggies for so many years, the archives on Kalyn's Kitchen has a lot of recipes for those garden veggies, and I've been making some of my favorites and updating the photos.  It's been fun eating those old favorite dishes again, but now there are only a few more weeks until the arrival of fall, and I'm realizing I better get some of those updated recipes posted while summer vegetables are still abundant!  

This delicious Rustic Pasta Sauce Recipe with Italian Sausage, Zucchini, and Sage doesn't need a lot of pasta; when I took these photos I only used 5 oz. of Dreamfields Rotini to make 6 servings of pasta with sauce.  I'm still a Dreamfields fan despite the legal issues they've had, and it's never caused me to gain weight, but this would be delicious with whole wheat pasta if you prefer.  If pasta is just not going to work for you, this sauce could be eaten with sauteed Zucchini Noodles, or just eat the sauce plain without any pasta.

Click to continue reading