Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini Recipe (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini is easy, quick, and delicious!

Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini Recipe found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Updated with better photos and improved instructions, September 2014.)  This recipe for Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini is something I first made in September 2007, and it's been a favorite way to cook zucchini ever since then.  The recipe came from Vegetables Every Day by Jack Bishop, a very old book that I still use all the time to look for ideas for cooking vegetables.  When I first made this I used Jack Bishop's instructions for blanching the zucchini before broiling it with the cheese, but then a smart reader told me they just skipped the blanching and cooked the zucchini under the broiler as well.  That's the way I've been doing it for a few years now, so I am updating the instructions to change that step.  I like the zucchini to still have a tiny bit of crispness, and broilers can vary, so you may have to make this a couple of times to get the timing just right for your own taste.  Luckily this delicious zucchini coated with melted Parmesan is so delicious that you won't mind experimenting, and if you have any kids in the house I promise they will gobble up the experiments!

Click to continue reading