Basil Vinaigrette for Drizzling on Tomatoes (or Why I think Everyone Should Grow Basil)

Basil Vinaigrette
Ripe garden tomatoes with Basil Vinaigrette is one of my favorite things about summer!

(Updated July 2008) I've written about basil vinaigrette a few times since I first posted this recipe, but last night I picked a huge bucket of basil from my garden, chopped it up in my food processor with olive oil, froze some of the chopped basil, and made a big batch of basil vinaigrette with the rest for a family party tonight. That's when I decided it was time to update this post with a photo of basil vinaigrette, one of my favorite things about summer. I love tomatoes any way you prepare them, but serving tomatoes with basil vinaigrette drizzled over them takes the summer tomato thing to a whole new level.

Click to continue reading