Italian Sausage and Bean Soup Recipe with Chard

This Phase One Italian Sausage and Bean Soup with Chard is simple and delicious.



(Here's a great Phase One soup recipe to add to our Month of Daily Phase One recipes.  I made this during the Christmas holidays and took some new photos to show the steps of making the soup more clearly, and the soup was a hit at the Denny Family Christmas Party.)

Long before I ever started thinking about eating the South Beach Diet way, I was a big fan of turkey Italian Sausage, something I use in dishes like Italian Sausage and Zucchini Soup, Sausage and Basil Marinara Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes, and Spicy Cherry Tomato Sauce for Pasta. This soup also has Italian Sausage, but it's very difference than those recipes, since there are no tomatoes. The combination of sausage, beans, and chard was inspired by one I saw in a cookbook somewhere, but I only jotted down "sausage, beans, and escarole, soup" so I can't tell you where I found it.

Click to continue reading