Jalapeno Popper Chicken

My husband is ALL about jalapenos. If they are an option to put on any dish, they MUST go in. I don't know why this is...so weird:) But anyway, when I saw this recipe I knew it would be his new favorite. It's basically like a jalapeno popper stuffed into a chicken breast, breaded then fried and baked. I'm pretty sure it's every manly man's dream. Hey, I even enjoyed it!

4 slices bacon, diced (I just used crumbled bacon in the bag)
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I recommend sharp)
2 whole jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
4 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 T garlic powder, plus more to season chicken
Salt and pepper
1 cup bread crumbs (I recommend Panko)
vegetable oil for frying

Stir together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapenos in a small bowl.

Season both sides of chicken breasts with a dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cut a pocket horizontally through the thickest side of each chicken breast and fill with some cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks.

Add the 2 teaspoons garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bread crumbs and mix.

Roll the chicken breasts in bread crumbs to coat. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken breasts about 3 minutes per side until golden brown.

Finish cooking chicken breasts in a 425ºF oven for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.

*From Tasty Kitchen