Recipe for Roasted Green Bell Pepper and Roasted Tomato Breakfast Casserole with Feta and Oregano

Roasted Green Bell Pepper and Roasted Tomato Breakfast Casserole with Feta and Oregano
Here's a meatless Phase One Breakfast casserole that's one of my favorites!

(We're doing a Month of Daily Phase One recipes during January, and today I'm featuring this Roasted Green Bell Pepper and Roasted Tomato Breakfast Casserole which is one of my favorites.)

This is another one of those recipes that happened when I was just making something to eat, and then it turned out so well I decided to make it again and take photos for the blog. It was inspired by one of those big plastic containers of cherry tomatoes from Costco. It seems I can rarely manage to use all the tomatoes before they start to shrivel, and when I was thinking about what to do with slightly-shriveled cherry tomatoes I hit on the idea of roasting them for a breakfast casserole. There was a green bell pepper in the fridge that was begging to go into this, and adding some dried oregano and feta cheese gave it a bit of Greek flavor. I've made a lot of this type of breakfast casserole, and even written a how-to post on making South Beach friendly breakfast casseroles, and I think this combination is one of the best ones I've come up with (so far!)

Click to continue reading