Easter Dinner Ideas

Ahhh Good Friday.  I've been looking forward to today for some time off work, since this begins my week and a half long Spring Break.  Life has been hectic as usual, but I also have some exciting news making me extra tired...I'm pregnant!  Yep, baby number three will be gracing us with his presence in August!  We're super stoked around here, especially my husband, since he has been outnumbered by girls for almost 5 years.  Now he finally gets a boy :)

With all the busyness, this post is coming to you pretty last minute, since most of you probably have your Easter menu planned already.  For the third year in a row I'll be heading to my Grandma's farm with my girls for Easter so I'm off cooking duty.  But if you are hosting Easter dinner this year and still need some ideas, I've got you covered:

This is pretty much my favorite ham recipe ever.


Another great option for ham, with a classic tangy sweet glaze.


If you want to do something a bit different, this pork loin is fantastic.  Your meat and your vegetables are all roasted in the same pan, making this a really easy option.


This slow cooked pork is so fantastic with mashed potatoes because of the gravy that comes with.  I recommend the buttermilk mashed potatoes below.


If you want chicken instead, this roasted chicken is FULL of flavor.  Definitely impressive for company.



Another fantastic roasted chicken recipe.  The bacon cooks on top and then gets crumbled on top of the potatoes.  Yes.  Winner.


Simple, sweet and full of fresh herbs, this is yummy roasted chicken to serve.


These are some of the best deviled eggs I've had, and would be a great addition to your Easter meal.


I often make these without herbs, just cheddar.  Cheddar biscuits + ham are a perfect match.


This is a nice light and refreshing salad to serve with your meal.  I love the dressing.


I love this gratin and it's a nice change up from potatoes.


Potato salad with ham is pretty excellent.  If you're going to go that route, try this one.  If you divide your package of smoked salmon up right, you can also make the deviled eggs.


If smoked salmon is not your thing, make this potato salad instead.  Freaking incredible.


Need a classic mashed potato recipe?  I like these ones because the buttermilk gives so much flavor, yet doesn't make these full of fat.


If you're going to splurge, make these.  No gravy required.


Roasting asparagus makes it wonderfully nutty.  


This one is an idea, not for your Easter dinner, but for the next day.  If you make the roasted chicken with lemon and rosemary potatoes (and bacon) and you happen to have leftovers, this is great for breakfast, brunch or lunch the next day.


Need an idea for Easter morning breakfast?  This is a family favorite and is super easy.


Happy Easter everyone!