Easy Recipe for Barely-Cooked Asparagus with Basil Pesto

Barely Cooked Asparagus with Basil Pesto
Barely Cooked Asparagus with Basil Pesto is ultra easy and flavorful.

(Updated with new photos and step-by-step instructions in April 2012.  There hasn't been much cooking going on while I've been trying to get better, but before I got sick I cooked my first asparagus of the year and re-did the photos for this favorite recipe from 2007; enjoy!)

Lots of people love the archives section I call Easy South Beach Recipes, where I feature tasty South Beach Diet friendly recipes with five ingredients or less. This one is a combination I stumbled on by accident years ago on a day when I had fresh asparagus and noticed a jar of pesto in the fridge. The pesto turned out to be fantastic with lightly cooked asparagus.  When I made the recipe again recently to take better photos, it was even better with my homemade Basil Pesto with Lemon, something I always make and freeze when my garden has an abundance of basil.  But even if you use basil pesto from a jar, I promise that this will become one of your favorite ways to cook asparagus.

Click to continue reading