Easy and Amazing Recipe for Barely-Cooked Carrots with Tahini, Lemon, Garlic, and Sumac Dressing

Barely-cooked carrots with tahini, lemon, garlic, and sumac.
Slightly-crisp carrots with a dressing of tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and sumac.  Mind-blowingly good!

Allow me to introduce my new favorite way to eat carrots.  And if you even barely entertained the thought that cooked carrots might be a little boring, dismiss that idea immediately!  The entire time my cooking assistant and nephew Jake and I were tasting this recipe we kept remarking on how neither of us was that crazy about cooked carrots, but these barely cooked carrots with a dressing of tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, a generous amount of minced garlic, and Sumac were positively addictive.  We ate most of them warm, but I had a a few bites left that were refrigerated overnight, and they tasted fantastic cold out of the fridge as well.

Click to continue reading