No Bake Energy Bites

CSC_0807

I like a good, healthy recipe sometimes. And it makes it a lot easier to eat healthy when it’s this good too:) I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed these. It was hard to not eat like 8 at a time. They’re just such a good combo…not too sweet, not too salty, but the right balance for a mid morning or afternoon snack. My kids even love these! Surprisingly they were calling them candy balls and kept asking for more. So if you’re looking for something healthy to snack on to keep in the fridge, try these!

1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)

1 cup toasted coconut flakes

1/2 cup chocolate chips (any dried fruit or nuts can be substituted)

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup ground flaxseed

1/3 cup honey

1 tsp. vanilla

Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and stir until completely combined. Let the mixture chill in the fridge for about 1/2 hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you like (I chose to do about 1 inch in diameter.) Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.

*From gimmesomeoven.com