Meal Plan 54 - Spring Rejuvenation


Click here to get a printable version of this week's meal plan and recipes

Grocery List:
The grocery list is color coordinated by meal so you can easily pick and choose which meals you would like to make. Either print and use the grocery list as is and make all the meals I have planned, or easily cross off the meals and corresponding ingredients you would rather not make.


I took a much needed break over my Easter holidays....no preschool work, no blog, no housework, just family and rest.  Aaaaah.  I feel so rejuvenated!  The spring weather totally helps as well.  I was able to sit outside in the warm sun this afternoon while I typed up this post.  Enjoy this new meal plan, and look forward to some brand new recipes this week that I've been reviewing for a new cookbook review.  Bring on the spring veggies, salads and fresh flavors!


Day 1: Red and White Beef Manicotti with Garlic Bread and Ceasar Salad
You could totally serve this manicotti with some mixed greens and drizzle it with a simple vinaigrette, but I decided to go all out and be totally decadent with this meal for my family. This is a good one!



Day 2: Blackened Chicken Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
It's finally SPRING so lighter meals are a must.  Just because this is a salad for dinner, does NOT mean it is lacking in flavor.  This is a bold, flavorful, fantastic main dish salad.




Day 3: Thai Larp
One of my favorite Thai dishes, this larp (pronounced "lap") has wonderfully seasoned ground meat (beef, chicken or pork, your choice) with jasmine rice rolled in lettuce leaves or napa cabbage.  If you love lettuce wraps, try this authentic Thai recipe!




Day 4: Chicken al Diavlo Penne with Mixed Greens drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil
This is one of my family's favorite pasta dishes ever.  We either eat it on it's own, or with a simple salad.  I'm going to use up whatever lettuce is left in my fridge to make a lovely mixed green salad dressing simply with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.




Day 5: Lemon Chicken and Fried Rice
When you are craving Chinese take-out, both these recipes are fantastic at home substitutes.  They aren't loaded with sugar, salt and msg and cost a fraction of what they would at a restaurant.  AND they actually TASTE like they came from a Chinese restaurant.  Score!




For more great meal plans, check out my complete list of meal plans.