Recipe for Thai-Inspired Turkey Mini-Meatball Lettuce Wraps

Thai-Inspired Turkey Mini-Meatball Lettuce Wraps
Turkey Mini-Meatball Lettuce Wraps with spicy Thai Flavors!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.   These little mini-meatballs are served inside lettuce leaves with a spicy Thai-flavored dressing, and I could eat this every day!)

It was pure serendipity that I discovered this recipe for ultra flavorful little turkey meatballs, served inside lettuce leaves with a spicy Thai-style sauce, some diced cucumber, and fresh mint. I didn't have anything like this in mind when I thawed out a pound of ground turkey; I was actually thinking about using it in the Horseradish Meatloaf, before I changed my mind. So there I was with a pound of turkey that needed to be used, and when I need recipe ideas in a hurry, I often stand in front of my wall of cookbooks and just flip through books, using the index to see what recipes I can find for that ingredient. I found this recipe in The South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook, but this is a recipe I'd enjoy all year, maybe substituting cilantro for the mint when it's out of season.

Click to continue reading