Marinated and Baked Forbidden City Chicken

Forbidden City Chicken(Updated and added to Recipe Favorites March 2010.) This recipe is one of those I made back in 2005 when I first started blogging, and when I looked at the old version recently I decided it was overdue for new photos. Once I got started, I gave the recipe a little update too, because hey, I hope I'm a better cook now than I was in 2005! I'm using brown sugar in the new version instead of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, but even if you're a faithful South Beach Dieter, I wouldn't worry much about the amount of sugar that clings to the chicken when it's marinated like this. You could use agave nectar instead, which would also make a nice glaze on the chicken. (I'm keeping the original version of the recipe on the printer friendly page, just in case someone has it bookmarked and loved that version.)

Click to continue reading