Recipe for Asparagus and Tomato Frittata with Havarti and Dill

Asparagus and Tomato Frittata with Havarti and DillI mentioned how the the abundance of low-priced asparagus in the market had inspired me to make Roasted Asparagus Wrapped in Ham, and it was that same bargain asparagus that inspired this frittata with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, Havarti cheese, and dill. Even though cherry tomatoes aren't a spring food, the asparagus and dill flavors in this made me think of spring, and this is another dish that I think would be great for an Easter brunch or lunch if you're cooking for a small group. It would also make a great weekend breakfast any time you have a little bit of leftover asparagus and some cherry tomatoes. If you've never made a frittata, it's basically an omelet that's not flipped, and often frittatas are browned a little under the broiler once the eggs are set. This was my first time using the broiler on my new stove, and the broiler turned out to be super-powerful compared to the old stove, but luckily I managed to rescue the frittata barely in time, even if it did get a tiny bit well-done on top!

Click to continue reading