Low-Glycemic Recipes from My Food Blogging Friends

Photo of Roasted Vegetable and Barley Salad from FamilyStyle Food

Last month I had the idea of periodically sharing low-glycemic recipes from my food blogging friends.  My thinking was that I'm spotlighting phase one recipes from other blogs in the monthly Phase One Recipe Round-ups, but actually people who end up committing to the low-glycemic way of eating only stay on phase one for a few weeks.  There are plenty of delicious foods you can eat for phase one, but once you get past those two weeks and start adding healthy whole grains into your diet, there are even more tasty options for a low-glycemic diet.  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, Wikipedia does a good job of explaining the glycemic index, a healthful way to eat for everyone whether or not you're trying to lose weight or have blood-sugar issues.)

Click to continue reading