Recipe for Chopped Greek-Style Salad with Red, Yellow, and Orange Bell Pepper

I love the many colors of peppers in this Greek-style salad, but you can use just one color if you prefer.

(Updated with better photos and instructions July 2011.)   When I went to Greece I was surprised that what I'd thought of as Greek Salad didn't seem to exist there.  Instead, every little restaurant had a dish they called country salad or village salad, which had cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, Kalamata olives, and feta, and a dressing which always contained oregano.  Now a few years later, one of my favorite Salt Lake City restaurants calls this combination Greek Salad and when it has lettuce added, they call it American Greek Salad.  That works for me, and I do really like this type of chopped Greek-style salad without lettuce.

Click to continue reading