Recipe for Whole Wheat Orzo and Grilled Vegetable Salad with Feta, Olives, and Herbs

So far, this Whole Wheat Orzo Salad is my favorite new salad recipe this summer!

I'm becoming just a little infatuated with whole wheat orzo.  I first tried it last year in a very tasty salad with tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and feta, and I've already made the salad featured in this post three times and gobbled it up each time.  If you're not familiar with orzo, it's a tiny pasta shaped similar to rice but slightly bigger.   It's often used in soups and pilafs, but it's also a perfect pasta salad ingredient because it letts the pasta take a supporting role and puts the spotlight on the other ingredients.  Orzo is made with wheat, but for a gluten-free alternative I think brown rice would also be great in any salad that uses orzo.

Click to continue reading