Easy Taco Soup Recipe from A Pinch of Salt Lake

This Easy Taco Soup was a big hit when I made it this year for my annual New Year's Day soup party!

Easy Taco Soup found on KalynsKitchen.com

There are some recipes that become favorites just because they're simple and use ingredients you usually have on hand, and this Easy Taco Soup that I first made years ago is a family-friendly soup I've made over and over for parties.  I adapted the recipe from A Pinch of Salt Lake, a classic old cookbook published by the Junior League of Salt Lake, and this year when I made this soup again for my annual New Year's Day Soup party, I decided it was time to update this post with better photos.  

Almost as fun is eating the soup is the story of how I got the cookbook years ago as a gift from a third-grade student named Nathan.  I'd always wanted the book, so when he showed up at school with it one day, I was quite excited.  In the honest way kids have he said, "My mom didn't think she'd ever use it."  Recently I saw Nathan's mom in the grocery store and she told me he's now 17, which shows how long I've been making this soup!

Click to continue reading