Orange Glazed Salmon



I'm not a salmon lover but I have to say, this salmon is so good.  It helps that it's rubbed with a sweet/spicy rub and covered in an orange glaze. When buying salmon, I've found, I like to buy it fresh the day I'm serving it.  My local grocery store has a great fresh fish section and the fish always smells fresh not fishy.  I served this salmon dish with rice pilaf, snap peas and an orange and red onion side salad, it's was a perfect meal!



2 tablespoons Cajun spice
1 teaspoon brown sugar (I used 2 teaspoons)
4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice


  • 1.   Combine Cajun spice, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.  Lightly rub over all surfaces of fillets. (I didn't use all the rub as my salmon fillets were small)

    2.   Saute fillets in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and saute an additional 2 to 3 minutes.

    3.   Blend marmalade and lime juice; swirl in pan until melted. Carefully turn fish to glaze on all sides. Fish is done when it begins to flake when tested with a fork.  (I put a lid on the pan for a couple minutes at the end just to make sure the inside was cooked through as my fillets were on the thick side)
  • serves 4

    recipe adapted from  the magazine "Cuisine at home"