Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean Stew with Tomatoes, Italian Sausage, and Kale

Turkey Italian Sausage, Tomatoes, Cannellini Beans, and Kale turn into a delicious stew in the slow cooker!

Slow Cooker Italian Sausage, Kale, and Cannellini Bean Stew found on KalynsKitchen.com

(For Phase One Fridays I feature Phase One Recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.  This Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean Stew with Tomatoes, Italian Sausage, and Kale has some of my favorite flavors, and I love adding the kale near the end of the cooking time so it's still a little chewy in the stew.)

My friend Lydia and I have both become quite infatuated with experiments in our slow cookers, and the experimental part in this Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean Stew with Tomatoes, Italian Sausage, and Kale was adding the kale to the slow cooker after the other ingredients had cooked for a few hours.  I was really thrilled with how the raw kale softened perfectly in the slow cooker with just a little more cooking time, and the slightly chewy kale was one of my favorite parts of this dish!

Click to continue reading