Chicken and Avocado Salad Recipe with Lime and Cilantro (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Can Be Paleo)

Chicken and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro
I thought this Chicken and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro had a perfect combination of flavors!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this salad is something I've made over and over since my sister Pam first told me about it.  I wasn't too fond of the original photo of the finished dish, so when I made it again recently I also updated the photo; enjoy!)

I love the way social media spreads good ideas around the web, and this salad is my version of one my sister Pam got from a friend, who found it on Pinterest.  The e-mail I got from Pam had just a list of ingredients and some suggestions, so when I made the salad I kind of made up my own directions.  Then when I got ready to post my salad, I wanted to credit the source if I could find it, and when I copied what Pam had sent me and entered it into the search on Pinterest I found Avocado Chicken Salad from Becoming Betty. 

My version has larger chunks of chicken and avocado, and I made the lime and mayonnaise into more of a dressing, while the original version is more mixed together.  This salad was so good that the amount I made above didn't even last a day at my house (although I *did* have help eating it from Jake.)  If you like these ingredients, I promise this salad is going to be a keeper!

Click to continue reading